- Trip Code: ATH409
- Best Season: March to May and late September to early December
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Everest Base Camp and Kalapattar
- Trip Route: Lukla-Phakding-Namche Bazaar-Everest Base Camp-Kalapatthar-Everest View Hotel-Lukla
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and High Altitude Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
18,225 ft/5,555 m /59778 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 6 hrs
- Accommodation: Five-star hotel in Kathmandu and luxury lodges on the trek
- Trip Category: Luxury Trek
- Stay at culturally rich Kathmandu valley
- Sightseeing of three World Heritage Sites of the valley
- Adventurous mountain flight to and from Tenzing-Hillary Airport in Lukla
- Trekking in the famed Everest region
- Accommodation at the luxurious lodges on the trail
- Namche Bazaar, the Sherpa capital and cultural centre of Khumbu
- Viewing Everest, Everest Base Camp, Kalapatthar, Khumbu Glacier and Icefall, lakes and other high Mountains on a helicopter tour
- Lunch at Everest View Hotel, the highest placed hotel in the world
This trip is a combination of cultural sightseeing in the legendary Kathmandu valley, trekking in the Khumbu following in the footsteps of Tenzing and Hillary, heli-touring the Himalayas, and wondering at the world’s highest mountain Everest. Everest alone is sufficient to draw a large group of adventure travelers but other attractions of this trip aren’t weak either. In addition, you will be accommodated in the finest hotels and lodges of Nepal throughout the trip. Plus, it’s the people for whom most travelers return to Nepal for. Meet them, exchange views and personal stories and create lasting memories.
When you land in Kathmandu, our airport representative will receive you. Your trekking guide, who will come to pick you up, will drop you off at the hotel we booked for you on our private tourist vehicle. There will be pre-trek meeting where you will be briefed about the trip and other details. A day will be spent in the sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley. Your city tour guide will take you to three UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Boudhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple and Bhaktapur Durbar Square. Next day hop into a small plane to the famed Lukla Airport with your trekking guide, the gateway to Everest, and start trekking. After two nights in the Sherpa capital Namche Bazaar, start your heli-tour of the Everest region, there will be maximum 4 clients and 1 guide per heli. Due to the limit of the weight, you will be allowed to carry your daypack bag but you might be unable to take your luggage bag along with you, in that case our porter will carry them back to Lukla while you are having heli-tour. The views of the Khumbu valley from above are spectacular. On a helicopter, you will be closer to the mountains than you will be on the trail, you will have good aerial view of Mounat everest, Everest Base Camp, Kalapatthar, Khumbu Glacier and Icefall, Ama Dablam Peak, Nuptse Peak and many high Mountains. After your Heli Tour, you will have your lunch in Lukla and stay there tonight. Next day, early morning you will return back to Kathmandu on a plane.
Note: The flight might get delayed or canceled due to bad weather in Mountains.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1,400 m). Overnight at 5-Star Hotel.
- Day 02: Guided Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley. Overnight at 5-Star Hotel.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2,804 m) and Trek to Phakding (2,610 m) – 3 Hours. Overnight at Luxury Lodge.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,441 m) – 5 Hours. Overnight at Luxury Lodge.
- Day 05: Acclimatization Hike around Namche Bazaar – 3 Hours. Overnight at Luxury Lodge.
- Day 06: Everest Heli Tour and Stay at Lukla. Overnight at Luxury Lodge.
- Day 07: Fly to Kathmandu in the morning and rest for whole day. Overnight at 5-Star Hotel.
- Day 08: Depart from Nepal.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip, weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors that are beyond our control can bring changes in the itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary, the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla
Twin Otter is the primary mode of transport to and from the airstrip at Lukla. This service is fairly dependable. Sometimes, flights (to and from Lukla) may be canceled due to mountain weather conditions or technical problems. In such case, Ace the Himalaya will charter a helicopter to ensure you are on schedule for your international flight. The helicopter can fly if the visibility is 1500m, while the twin otter can fly if the visibility is 5000m, as per Nepal’s Civil Aviation rules.
The cost of the helicopter is payable directly to our Kathmandu office in the event that this service is utilized. US cash, traveler's cheques, or credit cards (Visa Cards, Master Cards only) are accepted. You will be given a receipt upon payment so that you may claim the amount from your travel insurance. The minimum cost will be US$500 and maximum US$3500 depending on the number of group members.