- Trip Code: ATH395
- Best Season: Mid-June to Mid-October
- Country Visited: India
- Trip Start: Delhi
- Trip Ends: Delhi
- Trip Route: New Delhi-Leh-Uletakpo Village-Lamayuru Monastery -Rumbak-Kanda-la Base Camp-Shingo-Chalak-Markha-Tahungtse-Nimaling-Chukirmo-Shang Sumdo-Leh-New Delhi
- Trip Style: Camping Style
- Activity: Sightseeing and High Altitude Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
5,150 m /16892 ft
- Group Size: Min. 2 pax
- Activity Per Day: 4-5 Hours
- Ladakh, land of high passes, decorated with spectacular mountains and picture-perfect monasteries
- High Passes like Kanda La Pass and Kangamaru La Pass
- Magical, bewitching and unspoiled Markha Valley
- Buddhist culture and monasteries including Hemis Monastery
- Enchanting beauty of the northern Himalayan India
Ladakh, which means "land of high passes", is one of the finest regions for trekking in India. It is Buddhist ex-kingdom with Leh as its cpatial. This magical region mostly inhabitated by people following Tibetan Buddhism offers trekkers exhilarating, spectacular, challegning and diverse trails. Since trekking isn't as developed as in neighbouring coutry Nepal, the trekkers get to experience more peaceful and unspoiled beauty and landscape.
Markha Valley, wild and barren, is one of the most beautiful valleys in Ladakh. It is very near to Tibet, which gives trekkers the feel of Tibetan culture. The valley with Mt Kang Yatze (6,400 m) on its top is one of the main attractions of this trek.
The journey starts from New Delhi. From here, you fly to Leh. Before trekking commences, there will be some sightseeing activities. Visit monasteries in and around Leh. Hemis Monastery is a major attraction. Then drive to Zingchen and start trekking. Once trekking begins, enjoy the remote scenery of northern India and walk in the largely undisturbed landscape. Two big challenges for you in this trek are Kanda La Pass and Kangamaru La Pass. They lie at 4,985 m and at 5,150 m respectively. And after trekking through beautiful valleys, pastures and plateaus, arrive back at Leh.
- Day 01: Arrival in Delhi. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 02: Fly to Leh (3,500 m). Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 03: Free Day for Acclimatization and Sightseeing in Leh. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 04: Sightseeing in and around Leh by Tourist Vehicle. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 05: Drive to Zingchen (3,400 m) and Trek to Yurutse (3,530m). 5 to 6 Hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 06: Trek to Skiu (3,400 m) via Kanda La Pass (4,985 m). 6 to 7 Hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 07: Trek to Markha (3,800 m). 6 to 7 Hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 08: Trek to Thachungtse (3,589 m). 4 to 5 Hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 09: Trek to Nimaling (4,700 m). 3 to 4 Hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 10: Trek to Shang Sumdo via Kangamaru La Pass (5,150 m). 5-6 Hours. And Drive to Leh. 1 Hour. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 11: Flight from Leh to Delhi Early in the Morning. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 12: Flight Departure from Delhi to Next Destination.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.