- Trip Code: ATH341
- Best Season: January to June; September to December
- Country Visited: Bhutan
- Trip Start: Paro
- Trip Ends: Paro
- Trip Route: Paro-Thimpu-Phobjikha-Bumthang-Punakha-Tiger Nest -Paro
- Trip Style: Guided Sightseeing and city tours
- Activity: Sightseeing and Cultural Tour
- Max. Altitude:
3,300 m /10824 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 3 to 6 hrs of guided activities per day
- Trip Category: Bhutan Cultural Tour
- Sightseeing in and around Paro and Thimphu
- Panoramic views of the Himalayan mountains
- Chimi Lhakhang Temple
- Shopping in Bumthang village
- Visit Trongsa Dzong fortress
- Visit the Swiss farm
- Taktsang Monastery (The Tiger's Nest)
The Kingdom of Bhutan, nestled high in the tranquil Himalayas is a haven to rich bio-diversity, vibrant religion, unique arts, rich history, cultural splendor, heritage and scenic grandeur. It is a fascinating land where time had stood still and preserved the exquisite beauty of this mystical country.
The vegetation varies over very short distances ranging from tropical broadleaf forests to alpine shrubs and lush meadows. Bhutan is home to such exotic mammals as Takin (a large, musk-ox-like animal), Black necked Crane, Golden Langur, Royal Bengal tiger, clouded leopards and red pandas. Bird species range from the Himalayan black Eagle, and boreal owl to the Tiny black-throated parrot bill.
Our Culture Heartlands tour provides one of the best opportunities to experience most if not all of the Bhutanese life style in all its glory.
- Day 01 - Arrival at Paro Airport. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Sightseeing around Paro then evening drive to Thimphu. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Sightseeing in and around Thimphu. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 04 - Drive from Thimphu to Gangtey/Phobjikha. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 05 - Drive from Gangtey to Bumthang. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 06 - Sightseeing in and around Bumthang. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 07 - Drive through Trongsa to Punakha. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 08 - Sightseeing in Punkha with overnight accommodation in Paro. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 09 - Sightseeing in and around Paro. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 10 - Transfer to international airport for your final departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Druk Air, Bhutan’s national airline is the only airline to entre and exit Bhutan. The Druk air flight tickets sold out two to eight months in advance. We recommend you reserve your Bhutan trip as early as possible, so we can secure these flights for you.