- Trip Code: ATH342
- Best Season: January to June; September to December
- Country Visited: Bhutan
- Trip Start: Paro
- Trip Ends: Paro
- Trip Route: Paro-Thimpu-Punakha- Trongsa-Bumthang-Phobjikha- Tiger's Nest-Paro
- Trip Style: Guided Sightseeing and city tours
- Activity: Sightseeing and Cultural Tour
- Max. Altitude:
3,400 m /11152 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 3 to 6 hrs of guided activities per day
- Trip Category: Bhutan Cultural Tour
- Sightseeing in and around Paro and Thimphu
- Panoramic views of the Himalayan mountains
- Chimi Lhakhang Temple
- Shopping in Bumthang village
- Visit Trongsa Dzong fortress and the Swiss Farm
- Taktsang monastery (The Tiger's Nest)
This tour provides visitors with the perfect insight while highlighting many traditional landmarks and culture customs of the Bhutanese people. The skills of the Bhutanese artisans are so vivid in the handicrafts that, it never fails to amaze visitors to the kingdom. The greatest art forms range from beautifully hand-woven traditional textiles and handicrafts. While many places produce fine examples of both, Bhutan's superlative wood carvings, masks, gold and silverworks, paper, and religious paintings are unique and excellence and in the fact that they are made to be used by the people themselves, rather than to be sold to tourists.
- Day 01 - Arrival at Paro Airport. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Sightseeing around Paro. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Scenic drive from Paro to Thimphu for sightseeing. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 04 - Drive from Thimphu to Punakha with sightseeing on the way. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 05 - Drive from Punakha to Trongsa. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 06 - Drive from Trongsa to Bumthang. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 07 - Sightseeing around Bumthang. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 08 - Leaving Bumthang behind we drive to Phobjikha. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 09 - Drive from Phobjikha back to Paro. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 10 - Excursion to the Taktsang Monastery (Tiger's Nest). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 11 - Transfer to the international airport for your final departure. Overnight at a hotel.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Druk Air, Bhutan’s national airline is the only airline to entre and exit Bhutan. The Druk air flight tickets sold out two to eight months in advance. We recommend you reserve your Bhutan trip as early as possible, so we can secure these flights for you.