- Trip Code: ATH326
- Country Visited: Bhutan
- Trip Start: Paro
- Trip Ends: Paro
- Trip Route: Paro-Thimpu-Punakha-Bumthang-wangdue-Gangtey-Thimpu-paro
- Trip Style: Guided Sightseeing and Festival tour
- Activity: Festival Tours
- Max. Altitude:
3400 m /11152 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 3 to 6 hrs of guided activities per day
- Trip Category: Bhutan Festival Tour
- Sightseeing in Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Bumthang, Ura
- Taktsang Monastery (The Tiger's Nest)
- Ura Yakchoe Festival activities
Nestled in the Eastern Himalayas, Bhutan ranks among the top ten hot spots in the world for biodiversity, in the month of May, nature spreads a feast to delight your senses. Bhutan hosts 600 species of wild orchids, 50 different types of Rhododendrons, Blue Poppy (the national flower), medicinal plants, high-altitude plants and tropical trees. Over 70% of Bhutan is blanketed in virgin forests of richly diverse flora, with rippling pristine rivers meandering alongside terraced rice fields. Land-locked and surrounded by high Himalayan Mountains the essence of Bhutan is serenity and beauty distilled through the ages of time. This unique and custom itinerary gives you the best of Bhutan. Cultural hikes to ancient century-old dzongs, (forts), Temple and Buddhist monasteries. Week-end markets, remote villages and Bhutanese hospitality at its finest.
Highlighting this tour is the Ura Yakchoe Festival; invocations of local blessing and religious purification. Tsechus are spiritual, exotic arrays of color, medieval and breathtaking. The four valleys of Punakha, Bumthang, Ura, Wangdue defy words with their beauty.
Itinerary Overview- 2016
- April 15 - Arrival at Paro (by Druk Air) then transfer to Thimphu. Overnight at a hotel.
- April 16 - Sightseeing around Thimpu. Overnight at a hotel.
- April 17 - Thimphu to Punakha. Overnight at a hotel.
- April 18 - Punakha to Bumthang. Overnight at a hotel.
- April 19 - Bumthang excursion and sightseeing. Overnight at a hotel.
- April 20 - Bumthang to Ura. Overnight at a hotel.
- April 21 - Ura to Bumthang. Overnight at a hotel.
- April 22 - Bumthang – Trongsa – Wangdue. Overnight at a hotel.
- April 23 - Wangdue to Gangtey. Overnight at a hotel.
- April 24 - Gangtey to Thimphu to Paro. Overnight at a hotel.
- April 25 - Hike to Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s nest) . Overnight at a hotel.
- April 26 - Departure from Paro (by Druk Air)
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Book Bhutan Trip as early as possible
Druk Air, Bhutan’s national airline is the only airline to entre and exit Bhutan. The Druk air flight tickets sold out two to eight months in advance. We recommend you reserve your Bhutan trip as early as possible, so we can secure these flights for you.