- Trip Code: ATH329
- Country Visited: Bhutan
- Trip Start: Paro
- Trip Ends: Paro
- Trip Route: Paro-Thimpu-Punakha-Gangtey-Paro
- Trip Style: Guided Sightseeing and Festival tour
- Activity: Festival Tours
- Max. Altitude:
3,050 m /10004 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 3 to 6 hrs of guided activities per day
- Trip Category: Bhutan Festival Tour
- Sightseeing in Paro and Thimphu
- Taktsang Monastery (The Tiger's Nest)
- Festival activites
- Drugyel Dzong
Paro Festival is one of the busiest festivals in Bhutan, dances are performed by trained monks and laymen wearing amazing costumes, experience the buzzing active lifestyle while visiting many historical sites in Bhutan.
The unfolding of the silk Thangka - which is so large it covers the face of the building and is considered one of the most sacred blessings in the whole of Bhutan. The 'Thangka' is a religious picture scroll known as a Thongdroel which is exhibited for a few hours, at day break of the final day of the festival, enabling the people to obtain its blessing. This holy scroll 'confers liberation by the mere sight of it' (the meaning of the word 'thongdroel' in Bhutanese). This festival is a time for Bhutanese to celebrate with their families and friends.
The 'Tsechus' are Buddhist religious festivals where masked dances depicting events from the life of Padmasambhava, the eighth century Nyingmapa Buddhist teacher (second to Buddha), and stories of other saints are staged. In Bhutan, Padmasambhava is known as 'Guru Rimpoche'. The dances are performed by trained monks and laymen wearing costumes that depict the creatures that you can expect to meet after death. Besides attending the Paro Festival we do sightseeing in Paro valley, Thimphu and Punakha visting many historical sites.
Itinerary Overview- 2016
- March 18 - Arrival at Paro Airport. Overnight at a hotel.
- March 19 - Scenic drive from Paro to Thimphu. Overnight at a hotel.
- March 20 - Drive from Thimphu to Punakha. Overnight at a hotel.
- March 21 - Drive Punakha to Gangtey and same day hiking and village exploration in Gangtey. Overnight at a hotel.
- March 22 - Drive Gangtey to Paro. Overnight at a hotel.
- March 23 - Full day at Paro festival. Overnight at a hotel.
- March 24 - Sightseeing around Paro and excursion to the Taktsang Monastery (Tiger's Nest). Overnight at a hotel.
- March 25 - Transfer to international airport for your final departure. Overnight at a hotel.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Book Bhutan Trip as early as possible
Druk Air, Bhutan’s national airline is the only airline to entre and exit Bhutan. The Druk air flight tickets sold out two to eight months in advance. We recommend you reserve your Bhutan trip as early as possible, so we can secure these flights for you.