- Trip Code: ATH330
- Country Visited: Bhutan
- Trip Start: Paro
- Trip Ends: Paro
- Trip Route: Paro-Thimpu-Punakha-Paro
- Trip Style: Guided Sightseeing and Festival tour
- Activity: Festival Tours
- Max. Altitude:
3,050 m /10004 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 3 to 6 hrs of guided activities per day
- Trip Category: Bhutan Festival Tour
- Sightseeing in Paro and Thimphu
- Taktsang Monastery (The Tiger's Nest)
- Festival activites
- Drugyel Dzong
The highlight of this tour is the Punakha festival consisting of typical masked dances which are very colourful and interesting, the events and enactments are different on each day. Punakha Dromchoe is a eight days long festival dedicated to the goddess Mahakala. The religious aspects are performed in the same manner as in early times. On the last day, a play of warriors going off to war is enacted.
The contrast between the climate and vegetation in Punakha at 1,800 metres and Thimphu and Paro valleys at 2,400m will be clearly felt as you spend a few days in Paro at the beginning of your trip and a few days in the capital city, Thimphu, at the end of the tour. In Paro you will visit the dzong, the museum, temples and farmhouses. The excursion to Taktsang Monastry is well worth the effort it is classed as Paro’s most famous and most deeply revered religious site. In Thimphu, you will spend a full day of sightseeing.
- February 14 - Arrival at Paro Airport. Overnight at a hotel.
- February 15 - Scenic drive from Paro to Thimphu. Overnight at a hotel.
- February 16 - Drive from Thimphu to Punakha. Overnight at a hotel.
- February 17 to 18 - Festival activities in Punakha. Overnight at a hotel.
- February 19 - Hiking and village exploration in Gangtey and afternoon drive to Paro. Overnight at a hotel.
- February 20 - Sightseeing around Paro. Overnight at a hotel.
- February 21 - Excursion to the Taktsang Monastery (Tiger's Nest). Overnight at a hotel.
- February 22- Transfer to international airport for your final departure. Overnight at a hotel.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Book Bhutan Trip as early as possible
Druk Air, Bhutan’s national airline is the only airline to entre and exit Bhutan. The Druk air flight tickets sold out two to eight months in advance. We recommend you reserve your Bhutan trip as early as possible, so we can secure these flights for you.