- Trip Code: ATH331
- Country Visited: Bhutan
- Trip Route: Paro-Thimpu-Phobjikha-Bumthang-Trongsa-Punakha-Paro
- Activity: Festival Tours
- Max. Altitude:
4,000 m /13120 ft
- Trip Category: Bhutan Festival Tour
- Sightseeing in and around Paro and Thimphu
- Shopping in Bumthang village
- Masked Dance & Culture festivities
- Visit Trongsa Dzong fortress
- Taktsang Monastery (The Tiger's Nest)
This tour gives you the opportunity to explore Bhutans most visited sightseeing historical sites in Paro, Thimphu and Bumthang. Also experience the festival festivities that are celebrated. The festival is celebrated for three days, on the open grounds in front of the Tamshing lhakang. This festival is in honour of the “Terton” (treasure discoverer) Pema Lingpa of the 15th century. The religious dances are generally the same, but performed in a slightly different manner, as of the Nyingmapa sect of Mahayana Buddhism.
Itinerary Overview- 2016
- October 07- Arrival at Paro Airport and drive to Thimphu. Overnight at a hotel.
- October 08- Sightseeing in and around Thimphu valley. Overnight at a hotel.
- October 09- A long drive from Thimphu to Gangtey/Phobjikha. Overnight at a hotel.
- October 10- Drive from Gangtey to Bumthang. Overnight at a hotel.
- October 11- Bumthang Tamshingphala Choepa culture festival. Overnight at a hotel.
- October 12- Festival of Tamshingphala Choepa Bumthang sightseeing. Overnight at a hotel.
- October 13- Bumthang Sightseeing and festival activities. Overnight at a hotel.
- October 14- Leaving Bumthang for a scenic drive to Trongsa. Overnight at a hotel.
- October 15- Drive back to Punakha. Overnight at a hotel.
- October 16 - Head back to Paro. Overnight at a hotel.
- October 17 - Excursion to the Taktsang Monastery and Drugyel Dzong. Overnight at a hotel.
- October 18 - Transfer to the international airport for your final departure
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Book Bhutan Trip as early as possible
Druk Air, Bhutan’s national airline is the only airline to entre and exit Bhutan. The Druk air flight tickets sold out two to eight months in advance. We recommend you reserve your Bhutan trip as early as possible, so we can secure these flights for you.