- Trip Code: ATH366
- Best Season: March-May September-November
- Country Visited: Bhutan
- Trip Start: Bhutan
- Trip Ends: Bhutan
- Trip Route: Paro–Thimpu–Punakha–Dochula–Paro
- Trip Style: Mountain Biking
- Activity: Mountain Biking
- Group Size: Min. 2 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4 to 6 hrs mountain biking per day
- Trip Category: Mountain Biking
- A Pleasant ride through the lush green forests, over the rolling hills, along creeks and pristine villages and ancient monasteries in the Land of Thunder
- Cycling in major cities of Bhutan- Thimpu, Punakha, Dochula, Paro
- Sightseeing and Riding excursion around Punakha
- Sightseeing in Paro
- Hiking to the Tigers Nest Monastery in Paro
- Sightseeing around the Tigers Nest Monastery
Bhutan, small nation in south Asia that boasts for its nickname ‘the last Shangri-la’, is as adventurous for cycling experiences as it is for viewing its impeccable mountainous beauty.
Himalayas, rich culture, natural beauty, unique life styles of people: These are the ways this Himalayan kingdom is. Bhutan still is too little talked-about and shrouded in mystery, thus making this land a very less explored one, especially on a bicycle.
If you have ever dreamed of a pleasant ride through the lush green forests, over the rolling hills, along creeks and pristine villages and ancient monasteries, Bhutan, also known as ‘the Land of the Thunder Dragon’ is the place to be in. Ever since the government opened the country for tourists, mountain biking has slowly gained pace. Biking in Bhutan is a very rejuvenating experience.
Snow-capped mountains, emerald green landscapes, fascinating wildlife and gentle people all await you. Go experience Bhutan! It could be a once-in-a-lifetime chance for you to collect reminiscing moments cycling around the exotic locations of Thimpu, Punakha, Paro and lot more! Cycling- a great way to explore this land of the thunder dragon. You will be greatly amazed by all your cycling experiences.
- Day 1: Arrive in Paro & Transfer to Thimpu in a private vehicle. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 2: Bike Checks & Warm up ride to Buddha Point, 15 kms. Afternoon sightseeing in Thimpu. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 3: Ride from Thimpu – Punakha, 72 Kms. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 4: Sightseeing & Riding Excursion around Punakha- 20 Kms. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 5: Ride from Punakha to Dochula, 55 Kms. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 6: Ride from Dochula to Paro- 63 kms & Sightseeing around Paro. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 7: Hike to the Tigers Nest Monastery & Sightseeing. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 8: Final Departure
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Please note that in this types of rides where you usually pedal along the whole trail without lift access or shuttle and don't need any extraordinary equipment to complete the ride. This means bikes are light, not too much travel in the suspension, and usually hard-tails (only front suspension). The terrain can be fairly rough, but not extreme. These trips require more endurance as well as some skills, depending on the region we offer, so can be enjoyed by riders of all levels. Vehicle support is provided where possible to make your journey safe and stress-free.
Book Bhutan Trip as early as possible
Druk Air, Bhutan’s national airline is the only airline to entre and exit Bhutan. The Druk air flight tickets sold out two to eight months in advance. We recommend you reserve your Bhutan trip as early as possible, so we can secure these flights for you.