- Trip Code: ATH402
- Best Season: February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November and December
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Everest Base Camp and Kalapattar
- Trip Route: Lukla-Monjo-Namche Bazaar-Pangboche-Dingboche-Chhukung-Lobuche-Everest Base Camp-Gorak Shep-Kalapatthar-Pheriche-Namche Bazar-Lukla
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and High Altitude Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
18,225ft / 5,555 m /59778 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 5 hrs walking per day
- Accommodation: Five-star lodging in Kathmandu that includes breakfast. Along the trekking route, participants will be provided with the finest quality lodging the area has, typically a traditional guesthouse or lodge including breakfast.
- Trip Category: Luxury Trek
- Stay at Kathmandu Valley which has 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- A stunning 35-minute flight between Kathmandu and Lukla
- The Tengboche Monastery where participants will get an upclose view of the incredibly ornate wall hangings, a 20-foot sculpture of Buddha, and the musical instruments and robes of the Lamas. In addition the group will be taken to observe prayer ceremonies.
- A glimpse into the life of the "mountain people" living in the heart of the Himalayas
- Remarkable views of the Khumbu Ice fall on the slope of Mt. Everest
- Climbing Mt. Kalapatthar (18,225 feet) the most accessible point from which to view Mt. Everest from its base camp to its peak. The views from Mt. Kalapatthar include a 360-degree panorama of the surrounding mountain peaks
- Arriving at Everest Base Camp and walking on the Khumbu glacier
The stunning 35-minute flight between Kathmandu and Lukla takes us to the gateway of the Everest region. We explore the abundance of diverse flora and fauna in the surrounding of Lukla and Namche. The Tengboche Monastery gives visitors an up-close view of the incredibly ornate wall hangings, a 20-foot sculpture of Buddha, and the musical instruments and robes of the Lamas. In addition, the group will be taken to observe prayer ceremonies. Traverse the friendly Sherpa villages and Buddhist monasteries, the plain of Gorakshep and the broad summit of Mt. Kalapatthar, the most accessible point from which to view Mt. Everest from the base. The views from Kalapatthar include a 360-degree panorama of the surrounding mountain peaks. Revel in the spectacular views of Mt. Everest - the roof of the world - as well as other mighty Himalayan summits like Lhotse, Nutpse, Amadablam, and Thamsherku to name a few, while walking on the Khumbu Glacier. The Everest Base Camp trip gives you a glimpse into the life of the "mountain people" living in the heart of the Himalayas. Embark on the Everest Base Camp journey for one of the most memorable treks you will ever encounter.
Ace the Himalaya has created this trip to meet and exceed customer satisfaction in luxury, quality and experience. The lodging choices along the route are designed to entail the best the country has to offer. Ace has mixed together the highest standard accommodations with local flavor guaranteeing our guests sleep soundly in the most comfortable environment available. This deluxe trip comprises of 2 nights stay in a 5-star hotel in Kathmandu and 11 nights stay in the best lodge along the trek. Your hard days of trekking will be perfectly complemented by a comfortable and memorable stay.
Our Everest base camp Group trek departs every week from Kathmandu. Private treks can be arranged any time. View our selected departure dates here (link). If our set departure dates are not convenient for you, you may choose Private departures by selecting your own convenient tour date. These types of departure are best suited to couples, families, charity and small groups of friends. Customized itinerary are available as per your travel need.
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu Airport (1,400 m/ 4593 ft). Overnight at Five -Star Hotel.
- Day 02: Fly to Lukla (2,804 m/9,199 ft) & Trek to Manjo (2,825 m/9,268 ft) - 3.5 Hours. Overnight at Luxury Lodge.
- Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazar (3,840 m/12,598 ft) - 5 Hours. Overnight at Luxury Lodge.
- Day 04: Namche Bazar Acclimatization Day. Overnight at Luxury Lodge.
- Day 05: Trek to Pangboche (3,930 m/12,893 ft) - 6 Hours. Overnight at Luxury Lodge.
- Day 06: Trek to Dingboche (4,350 m/14,271 ft) - 6 Hours. Overnight at the Best Available Lodge.
- Day 07: Trek to Chhukung (4,710 m/15,452 ft) & Trek Back to Dingboche - 4.5 Hours. Overnight at the Best Available Lodge.
- Day 08: Trek to Lobuche (4,910 m/16,108 ft) - 5 Hours. Overnight at the Best Available Lodge.
- Day 09: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5,365 m/17,601 ft) & Back to Gorak Shep (5,180 m/16,994 ft.) - 8 Hours. Overnight at the Best Available Lodge.
- Day 10: Hike Up to Kalapatthar (5,555 m/18,225 ft) Early in the Morning & Trek Down to Pheriche - 7 Hours. Overnight at the Best Available Lodge.
- Day 11: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,840 m/12,598 ft) - 7 Hours. Overnight at Luxury Lodge.
- Day 12: Trek to Lukla (2,804 m/9,199 ft) - 6 Hours. Overnight at Luxury Lodge.
- Day 13: Flight Back to Kathmandu and Farewell Dinner. Overnight at Five-Star Hotel.
- Day 14: Transfer to the Airport for Flight Departure
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla
Twin Otter is the primary mode of transport to and from the airstrip at Lukla. This service is fairly dependable. Sometimes, flights (to and from Lukla) may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions or technical problems. In such case, Ace the Himalaya will charter a helicopter to ensure you are on schedule for your international flight. The helicopter can fly if the visibility is 1500m, while the twin otter can fly if the visibility is 5000m, as per Nepal’s Civil Aviation rules.
The cost of the helicopter is payable directly to our Kathmandu office in the event that this service is utilized. US cash, traveler's cheques, or credit cards (Visa Cards, Master Cards only) are accepted. You will be given a receipt upon payment so that you may claim the amount from your travel insurance. The minimum cost will be US$500 and maximum US$3500 depending on the number of group members.