- Trip Code: ATH346
- Best Season: February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November & December.
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Muktinath (Famous pilgrimage site for both Hindu and Buddhist)
- Trip Route: Kathmandu-Pokhara–Jomsom-Muktinath-Tatopani-Pokhara-Kathmandu
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Mountain Biking in Annapurnas Himalaya
- Activity: Mountain Biking, Sightseeing and Cultural Tour
- Max. Altitude:
3,800 m /12464 ft
- Group Size: Min. 2 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4 to 6 hrs mountain biking per day
- Trip Category: Mountain Biking
- Visiting the Muktinath Temple, one of the holiest pilgrimage sites in Nepal
- Taking the scenic mountain flight from Pokhara to Jomsom
- Relaxing in Pokhara, reveling in the beautiful scenery of mountains and rivers
- Sightseeing cultural, historical, and religious sites in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Biking in the Kaligandaki valley and exploring the beautiful Kagbeni village
- Witnessing the panoramic views of the entire Annapurna, Dhaulagiri ranges
- Taking a dip in the natural hot springs in Tatopani
- A farewell dinner at a typical Nepali restaurant on the day before departure to celebrate our trip success
Prior to Himalaya Downhill Mountain Biking, you do a warm biking in the northern valley of Kathmandu, where in, you ride through the greenery region via Balaju – Mudkhu – Chaurgoan –Jhor -Tokha – Budhanilkhanta, enjoying the best single track, a zigg zagg trail, a sharp turn, a steep climb, and a sweet downhill with the professional biking guide of Ace the Himalaya. On the subsequent day, you enjoy a scenic drive to Pokhara seeing the hills, rivers, and small towns. From Pokhara, the City of Lakes, you fly to Jomsom, the Windiest Place of Nepal.
Jomsom, the starting point of your Himalaya Downhill Mountain Biking, is located at an altitude of 2700 m and offers a fine view of the Dhaulagiri Peak. You begin this biking in a region, which amalgam the bank of the Kali Gandaki River, a motorable road, and a single track. It also includes an uphill track up to Muktinath, the sacred site both for the Hindus and for the Buddhist. There is also Muktinath temple, which has derived its name from "Muktikhestra," a Sanskrit word. Muktinath means the place of liberation or "moksha." Above all, Muktinath offers a fine view of Annapurna I (8091 m), including Nilgiri, Tukuche and other 8000 m peaks – the mountains that meet the purpose of every trekker and every biker in Nepal. The Himalaya Downhill Mountain Biking becomes true to its name from Muktinath, as you head all the way downhill to Pokhara, the finishing point of your biking. Between Muktinath and Marpha, you pass by yak herds, and you come across the people, who still follow the old traditional life style even in the 21st century. In Marpha, human corpses are still offer to the birds of prey. Marpha is mainly famous for its picturesque apple orchards. Bite the tastiest and juicy apples of Nepal in Marpha and try some apple wine and brandy to mitigate your exhaustion.
From Marpha, there is a fantastic downhill ahead to Tatopani, which means a hot water in Nepali. This hot water is actually a spring hot water by the Kali Gandaki River; plunge into the water to loosen your tightened muscle, getting ready for the next day biking, which further leads you to the beautiful valley, to the lakes, and to Pokhara. You take a rest in Pokhara, one of the largest cities of Nepal, by watching the lake, as well as by watching the three highest mountains of the world, for examples, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Manaslu, including the Fishtail mountain.
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu, Nepal (1,345m). Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 02- Pre-trip meeting and Biking the northern side of the valley. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 03- Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (820m) by tourist bus, 7 hrs. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 04- Fly to Jomsom (2,700m), assemble the bikes, and ride to Muktinath (3,800m). Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 05- Ride from Muktinath to Marpha (2,670m). Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 06- Ride from Marpha to Tatopani (1,190m). Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 07- Ride from Tato Pani to Pokhara. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 08- Free Day in Pokhara (Explore yourself around lake side). Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 09- Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (1,345m) by Tourist Bus- 7 hrs. Farewell Dinner at Evening. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 10- Final departure from Nepal
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Please note that downhill rides have been designed only for experienced and advanced riders and require technical skills. The downhill tracks in are aplenty and we’ve chosen only the finest ones for our trips. If you do not feel like riding uphill till the start of your downhill, we provide the option of a helicopter-tour, which includes a quick heli-sightseeing before landing at the starting point. Alternatively, you could trek up to the starting point with your guide and porters, before you start the downhill descent on your bike – combining the best of both worlds!
Flight Delay in JOMSOM
Twin Otter is the primary mode of transport from the airstrip at Jomsom. This service is fairly dependable. Sometimes, flights may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions or other technical problems. In such case, Ace the Himalaya will organize the alternative available road transportation to ensure you are on schedule for your biking trip.
The expense of the road transport will be managed from the reimbursement received from the flight ticket after the deduction of cancelation charge. So please note that there will be no refund of the flight from pokhara to Jomson, if the alternative road transportation is consolidated.