- Trip Code: ATH355
- Best Season: March, April, May, September, October, November
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Everest and Island Peak
- Trip Route: Ktm-Lukla-Namche-Tengboche-Chukung-Island Peak-Tengboche-Namche-Lukla-Ktm
- Activity: Climbing involve with Rope and Ice Axe, Sightseeing and Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
6,187 m /20293.36 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4-6 hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Climbing
- City tour in Kathmandu
- Scenic flight to and from Lukla
- Step inside and experience life as the “mountain people” live, in the heart of Himalaya
- Visiting Tengboche Monastery
- Remarkable views of Khumbu Ice fall and Makalu Himalayan Range
- Summit to Island peak at elevation of 6187 meters
Island Peak is 6187 metres high and one of the most popular and busy trekking peak in Nepal, also known as Imja Tse, lies in the Khumbu Himalayan range. Climbing this peak gives the best satisfaction every amateur and serious climber can dream of. If you are seeking the thrill of adventure and wish to widen your experience towards the peak climbing expedition beyond simply trekking in Nepal, this is the mountain for you.
Our professionally designed itinerary offers you a couple of days extra at the same town to get acclimatized.
We head for Island Peak Climbing after the essential climbing practice course which is briefed and instructed by our Climbing Sherpa on various aspects of climbing techniques. Your historical effort to summit the peak will be rewarded with probably one of the best panoramic views in the world as you feel Lhotse, Nuptse, Baruntse, Ama Dablam and Makalu are almost touching the tip of your nose. Descending with a sense of achievement, our route takes us into many cultural sites, such as Pangboche, a traditional Sherpa village; Tangboche, famous for its ornately decorated Tibetan monasteries and Namche Bazaar, the Sherpa Capital and cultural center of Khumbu.
If you are looking for longer trip to Island Peak then our 21 days Everest Base Camp and Island Peak or 25 days Gokyo, Everest base camp and Island Peak Adventure are another options for you.
Our Island peak Group trek departure every week from Kathmandu, private trek can be arranged any time, view our selected departure Dates.
- Day 01 - Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1345meters). Overnight at hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip Meeting and Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 03 - Morning fly to Lukla (2804 meters), trek to Phakding (2610 meters) 3 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 04 - Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 05 - Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 06 - Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 07 - Trek to Dingboche(4350 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 08 - Trek to Chukung (4710 meters) 4 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 09 - Trek to Island peak base camp (5240 meters) 4 hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 10 - Rest and Acclimatization day Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 11 - Summit to Island peak (6187meters) and return to Chhukung (4750meters)- 9 to 12 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 12 - Trek to Tengboche (3860meters). 6 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 13 - Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441meters) via Khumjung (3780 metres) . 5 hours Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 14 - Trek to Lukla (2804meters)5 hours .Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 15 - Morning flight to Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 16 - Leisure day in Kathmandu Overnight at hotel.
- Day 17 - Transfer to international airport for your final departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla
Twin Otter is the primary mode of transport to and from the airstrip at Lukla. This service is fairly dependable. Sometimes, flights (to and from Lukla) may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions or technical problems. In such case, Ace the Himalaya will charter a helicopter to ensure you are on schedule for your international flight. The helicopter can fly if the visibility is 1500m, while the twin otter can fly if the visibility is 5000m, as per Nepal’s Civil Aviation rules.
The cost of the helicopter is payable directly to our Kathmandu office in the event that this service is utilized. US cash, traveler's cheques, or credit cards (Visa Cards, Master Cards only) are accepted. You will be given a receipt upon payment so that you may claim the amount from your travel insurance. The minimum cost will be US$1000 and maximum US$3500 depending on the number of group members.