- Trip Code: ATH353
- Best Season: March to May; October and November
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Pisang Peak and Thorung La Pass
- Trip Route: KTM-Besishar-Pisang–Pisang Peak Summit-Manang–Thorong La Pass–Jomsom–Pokhara–KTM
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking and Tented Camp from Pisang Peak Base Camp
- Activity: Climbing involve with Rope and Ice Axe, Sightseeing and Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
6,091 m /19978.48 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4 to 5 hrs walking per day. 7 to 10 hours on climbing day.
- Trip Category: Climbing
- City tour in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Ascending Marshyangdi River valley
- Pisang Peak 6091 meters
- Visiting oldest Buddhist monastery in Braga village
- Sight seeing around Manag village
- Crossing the Thorung- La over 5416 meters
- The Pilgrimage town of Muktinath
- Scenic flight from Jomsom to Pokhara
Pisang Peak stands at elevation of 6091 meters up above from Pisang village in Annapurna Himalaya range and yak pastures in a uniform slope of ice and snow to the final summit pyramid. Pisang peak is considered one of the busy climbing peaks among the trekking peaks in Nepal. To reach the base camp from Pisang village, the path ascends through sparse wood and pasture to a Kharka at 4420meters, which is considered the best place for setting up the base camp. High Camp is set up at 5450meters, climbing to a shoulder on the South-West Ridge. There will be snow at the high camp from the end of November to the end of March. The well-defined ridge leads to the final snow slop, which is quite steep but not difficult to reach the summit. Descent is made on the same route.
After the your main adventure of Pisang Peak the trek leads to Thorung La pass (5416 meters), through Manang, Ledar, which are the main attraction of whole Annapurna Circuit trek. Due to the difficulties of crossing the pass, the circuit is usually walked in a counter clockwise direction.
After you cross the Thorung La pass the trail take you to the Muktinath then Jomsom from where we can take flights to Pokhara.
- Day 01 - Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1345meters). Overnight at hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip Meeting and Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 03 - Drive to Besisahar (830meters) by bus. 7 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 04 - Trek to Bahundanda (1310 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 05 - Trek to Chamje (1400meters). 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 06 - Trek to Bagarchhap (2160meters). 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 07 - Trek to Chame (2630meters). 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 08 - Trek to Pisang village (3300 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 09 - Acclimatization and explore around Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 10 - Trek to Pisang Peak Base Camp (4420meters) 6 hours. Overnight at tented camp.
- Day 11 - Base Camp to high camp (5450meters) 6 hours. Overnight at tented camp.
- Day 12 - Acclimatization and explore around high camp. Overnight at tented camp.
- Day 13 - Summit day (6091meters) and return to Base Camp. Overnight at tented camp.
- Day 14 - Spare day in case of bad weather. Overnight at tented camp.
- Day 15 - Trek to Pisang Village (3300 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 16 - Trek to Manang (3500meters) 6 hours Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 17 - Trek to Yak Kharka (4000meters)5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 18 - Trek to Thorong Phedi (4450meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 19 - Cross Throng la pass (5416meters) and trek down to Muktinath (3800meters). 7 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 20 - Trek to Jomsom (2715meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 21 - Morning flight to Pokhara Overnight at hotel.
- Day 22 - Drive to Kathmandu by tourist bus. 7 hours. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 23 - Transfer to international airport for your final departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Flight Delay in JOMSOM
Twin Otter is the primary mode of transport from the airstrip at Jomsom. This service is fairly dependable. Sometimes, flights may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions or other technical problems. In such case, Ace the Himalaya will organize the alternative available road transportation to ensure you are on schedule for your international flight.
The expense of the road transport will be managed from the reimbursement received from the flight ticket after the deduction of cancelation charge. So please note that there will be no refund of the flight from Jomsom to Pokhara, if the alternative road transportation is consolidated.