- Trip Code: ATH412
- Best Season: February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November & December
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Annapurna Base Camp
- Trip Route: Kathmandu-Pokhara-Ghorepani-Poon Hill-Chomrong-Dovan-Deurali-Annapurna Base Camp-Bamboo-Jhinu-Nayapul-Pokhara-Kathmandu
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
4,130 m /13546.4 ft
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 5hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Annapurna Region
- Sightseeing around Kathmandu and Pokhara that includes UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Impressive sunrise and mountain views from Poon Hill
- Typical Gurung villages along the trekking route
- Fishtail (Machhapuchhre) Base Camp
- Spectacular mountain and glacier views from Annapurna Base Camp
- Natural Bath in hot springs at Jhinu
This 16-day Annapurna Base Camp Trek combines the cultural sightseeing of two must-visit cities of Nepal and high-altitude trekking in the famed Annapurna region. The trips starts in Kathmandu where you will spend a day exploring its heritage sites, which are the Pashupatinath Temple, the Boudnath Stup and the Bhaktapur Durbar Square. They all are listed in UNESCO's World Heritage Sites. You then take a tourist bus to Pokhara. The Lake City is a trekker's hub. We will sightsee this city after the exhausting and challenging trek. Drive to the trek start point Nayapul and begin the rewarding walk. First you make it to Poon Hill. This view point offers the best views of the mighty Annapurnas. Then, progress towards the Annapurna Base Camp, enjoying the spectacular mountainscape and the massive Himalayas. Once you reach there and spending a night, return back through the same trails. A stop at Jhinu allows you to take bath at natural hot springs. Once you return back to Pokhara, enjoy boating in pristine Fewa Lake and spend a day sightseeing in the city's attractions. On the day you are back to Kathmandu, we will take you out for a farewell dinner to a Nepali restaurant with cultural perfomances.
- Day 01 - Arrival in Kathmandu (1,400 m). Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-Trek Meeting and Sightseeing around the Kathmandu Valley. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 03 - Drive to Pokhara (900 m) by Tourist Bus - 7 hrs. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 04 - Drive to Nayapul (1,010 m) - 1 hr and Trek to Tikhedunga (1,570 m) - 3 hrs. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 05 - Trek to Ghorepani (2,840 m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 06 - Hike up to Poon Hill (3,210 m) and Trek to Tadapani (2,610 m). Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 07 - Trek to Chommrong (2,140 m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 08 - Trek to Trek to Dovan (2,600 m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 09 - Trek to Deurali (3,200 m) - 4 hrs. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 10 - Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130 m) - 7 hrs. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 11 - Trek Back to Bamboo (2345 m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 12 - Trek to Jhinu Hot Springs (1,780 m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 13 - Trek to Nayapul (1,010 m) - 4.5 hrs, Drive to Pokhara - 1 hrs and Visit to Barahi Temple and Boating in Fewa Lake. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 14 - Full Day Guided Sightseeing in Pokhara. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 15 - Drive Back to Kathmandu (1,400 m) and Farewell Dinner. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 16 - Transfer to International Airport for Final Departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.