- Trip Code: ATH299
- Best Season: February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November, December
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Thorong La Pass
- Trip Route: Besisahar- Syange- Upper Pisang-Manang-Yak Kharka-Thorong La pass-Muktinath-Tatopani-Ghorepani- Nayapul-Pokhara
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and High Altitude Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
5,416 m /17764.48 ft
- Group Size: Minimum 1 pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4-6 hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Annapurna Region
- Sightseeing around Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Ascending Marshyangdi River valley
- Visiting Buddhist Monastery in Upper Pisang and in Braga Village
- Sightseeing around Manag village and visit Gangapurna Glacier Lake
- Crossing the Thorung-La Pass over 5416 meters
- The Pilgrimage town of Muktinath
- Try Apple brandy and other apple products locally made
- Walking through the world’s deepest gorge and the Kaligandaki valley
- Bath and take a dip in natural hot springs pond at Tatopani
- Sunrise at Poon Hill with magnificent mountain views
Annapurna Circuit Trek has become popular since it opened to foreign trekkers in 1977. This route offers traditional village and culture, gumbas and stupas, lush green valleys, majestic Mountains, flora and fauna. Starting from less than 1,000 meters, it gives us a chance to explore the Himalayas from bottom to top from various angles and perspectives.
This 23 days, Natural Annapurna Trekking Trails (NATTs) trek route is introduced for our trekkers to experience nature closely with scenic view. We will start our trek from Syange which goes along the Marshyangdi River, with great views of Manaslu and Himal Chuli to the East. We will continue to the North of the main Himalayan range to the high and dry Tibetan Plateau, where the scenery is equally breathtaking.
The highest point of the trek is Thorung-La Pass(5,416m) at the top of the valley. Due to the difficulties of crossing the pass, the circuit is usually walked in a counter clockwise direction. As we descend to the West at Muktinath, from pass we continue to the barren Tibetan like village of the Kali Gandaki - the world's deepest gorge, passes between the giant Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountains. After 1 hour hiking to Poonhill for view of Mountain range and descending to Nayapul, our trek ends here. We will catch a vehicle from Nayapul.
- Day 01 - Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Drive to Syange (1100) via Besisahar (830m) by Jeep - 8 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 04 - Trek from Syange to Tal (1700 meters) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 05 - Trek from Tal to Danaque (1860 meters) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 06 - Trek from Danaque to Chame (2670 meters) - 4 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 07 - Trek from Chame to Upper Pisang (3300 meters) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 08 - Trek from Upper Pisang to Ngawal (3660 meters) - 5 hours. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 09 - Trek from Ngawal to Manang (3500 meters) via Bhraka (3660 meters) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 10 - Acclimatization day at Manang village. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 11 - Trek from Manang to Yak Kharka (4,000m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 12 - Trek from Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi (4,450m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 13 - Trek from Thorong Phedi to Muktinath (3,800m) via Thorung-La pass (5,416m) - 8 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 14 - Trek from Muktinath to Marpha (2,670m) via Lubra Pass (4,020m) - 8 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 15 - Trek from Marpha to Kalopani (2,530m) - 7 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 16 - Trek from Kalopani to Tatopani/hotspring(1,190m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 17 - Rest and relaxing day at Tatopani/Hotspring. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 18 - Trek from Tatopani/Hotspring to Ghorepani (2,810m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 19 - Hike to Poon Hill (3,210m) and trek to Tikhedunga (1,570m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 20 - Trek from Tikhedunga to Nayapul (1,010m) - 3 hrs. Drive to Pokhara - 1hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 21 - Pokhara city tour. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 22- Drive back to Kathmandu (1,345m) and farewell dinner. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 23 - Transfer to the international airport for your final departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.