- Trip Code: ATH317
- Best Season: January to May/October to December
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Destination: Annapurna Region
- Trip Route: KTM-Pokhara-Nayapul- Ghorepani-Poon Hill-Ghandruk -Nayapul-Pokhara-KTM
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
3,210 m /10528.8 ft
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4-5 hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Short Trek
- City tour in Kathmandu
- Sunrise and sunset with excellent mountain views from Poon Hill
- Explore Gurung culture in Ghandruk village
- Walking through colourful rhododendron forests
- Short and easy trek in Annapurnas
The Annapurna Himalayan (Ghorepani and Poon Hill) Trek starts and ends in Pokhara, a colourful foray into the Annapurna region. The trail winds through patchwork valleys, dense mossy forests and past icy waterfalls where you can stop to cool your face. Around every corner is a tantalizing glimpse of the high mountains, whole horizons of which will be revealed to you as you reach the high points of your trek. Trekking in the Annapurna foothills to the view point at Poon Hill offering you unobstructed mountain views.
An easy trek in the spectacular mountain scenery through charming villages inhabited by the Gurungs, Magars dense rhododendron forests full of birds and deep sub-tropical valleys, all set below the Annapurnas with the picturesque Peak of Machhapuchhare (Fish Tail Peak) dominating the skyline. This trekking is not recommended during the raining season, i.e. from July to mid-September.
- Day 01 - Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Drive to Pokhara (900 m) by tourist bus - 7 hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 04 - Drive to Nayapul (1,010m) - 1 hr. Trek to Tikhedunga (1,570m) - 3 hrs. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 05 - Trek to Ghorepani (2,840m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 06 - Hike up to Poon Hill (3,210m); and trek to Tadapani (2,610m). Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 07 - Trek to Ghandruk (1,940m) - 4 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 08 - Trek to Nayapul (1,010m) and drive to Pokhara. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 09 - Drive back to Kathmandu (1,345m). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 10 - Transfer to international airport for your final departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.