- Trip Code: ATH387
- Best Season: February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November & December.
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Everest Base Camp and Kalapattar
- Trip Route: Kathmandu-Lukla-Namche Bazar-Tengboche-Lobuche-Gorak Shep-Everest Base Camp-Kalapatthar-Namche-Lukla-Ktm
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and High Altitude Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
5555 m /18220.4 ft
- Group Size: Min. 2 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 5 hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Everest Region
- Budget friendly itinerary
- Own choices of meals
- Scenic flight to and from Lukla
- Syangboche, the World's Highest Airport
- Visiting the beautiful Tengboche Monastery
- Ama Dablam, the World's most Beautiful Mountain
- Island Peak and the Shinning View of Mt. Thamserku
- Remarkable views of Khumbu Ice fall
- Climbing Kalapatthar at elevation of 5,555m
- Everest Base Camp and walking on the Khumbu glacier
Scenic 40 minutes Himalayan flight from Kathmandu takes you to Everest Base Camp Trek's starting point – Lukla. Lukla is a hilly, prosperous village. From its Tenzing Hillary Airport, you hike to Phakding, one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Nepal. You follow a beautiful, pine forest, trekking trail and head off to the Glaciated Dudh Kosi River and to the famous Hillary Suspension Bridge. The first prominent, shining view of Mt. Thamserku (6, 608 m) impresses you as the trekking trail leads you to the Sagarmatha National Park, an Important Bird Area and the Sacred Himalayan Landscape of the World.
One-day rest at Namche Bazaar prepares you for the upcoming high altitude trekking days. Nearby Syangboche Airport offers a panoramic view of mountains. The trek from Namche to Tengboche offers the stunning view of Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse and the world's most beautiful mountain – Ama Dablam. Endangered Musk Deer, Himalayn Thar, and multi-colored pheasants come into your views as you trek to Tengboche, a village with a viewpoint. This viewpoint offers the exceptional view of 8000 m and 7000 m peaks. It also has the Everest Region famous monastery's, (Tengboche Monastery) which attracts you with its exuberant workmanship. In the peak season, 600 tourists visit this monastery every week.
Innumerable chortens, maniwalls and small villages are your frequent sites. Enjoying a close – up view of Ama Dablam, you savor the delicious food in a hotel and then you trek in the fields of barley, buckwheat, and potatoes. Dingboche offers the view of the world's three highest peaks: Lhotse, Makalu, and Cho – Oyu. They win your heart. Equally, Cholatse, Taboche, Louche West and Lobuche East peaks look awesome. The Chukkung Valley, which you visit, lies on the slopes of Lhotse and Nuptse mountains and offers you the stunning view of the Lho and Nup glaciers, as well as of Ama Dablam Mountain. Touching the skyline, this mountain dominates the Chukkung Valley with its beauty. Later, from the trekking trail, you see the Khumbu Glaciers, as well as Khumbutse, Lingtren, Pumori and Mahalangur peaks. From the base camp, you see the Everest climbers, resting and preparing for Everest ascent, from Thangma Riju you see a 360-degree view of mountains, and from Kalapathar's trekking trail, you see the vicinity of the Himalayas. Every trail of the Everest Base Camp Trek displays the mountains.
- Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuvan International airport (1345meters). Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 02: Fly to Tenzing and Hillary Airport in Lukla (2804 meters) from Kathmandu, trek to Phakding (2610 meters) 3 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 04: Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 05: Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 06: Trek to Dingboche (4350 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 07: Day trip to Chhukung valley (4710 meters) and trek back to Dingboche. 4 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 08: Trek to Lobuche (4910 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 09: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5365 meters) then back to Gorak Shep. 8 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 10: Hike up to Kalapatthar (5555 meters) early in the morning then trek down to Periche (4200 meters). 7 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 11:Trek to Tengboche (3, 860 meters) 5 hrs. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 12: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 13: Trek to Lukla (2804 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 14: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 15: Transfer to the international airport for your final flight departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla
Twin Otter is the primary mode of transport to and from the airstrip at Lukla. This service is fairly dependable. Sometimes, flights (to and from Lukla) may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions or technical problems. In such case, Ace the Himalaya will charter a helicopter to ensure you are on schedule for your international flight. The helicopter can fly if the visibility is 1500m, while the twin otter can fly if the visibility is 5000m, as per Nepal’s Civil Aviation rules.
The cost of the helicopter is payable directly to our Kathmandu office in the event that this service is utilized. US cash, traveler's cheques, or credit cards (Visa Cards, Master Cards only) are accepted. You will be given a receipt upon payment so that you may claim the amount from your travel insurance. The minimum cost will be US$500 and maximum US$3500 depending on the number of group members.
It is recommended that you should arrive in Kathmandu a day earlier before you start your trek. When you arrive a day earlier, you will have time to rest as well as time to buy trekking equipment. Similarly, it is best to have some extra days after you have finished your trek because your flight to Kathmandu/Lukla might be cancelled due to bad weather. So all together it is recommended to have a few extra days beside the trip schedule so that you don’t miss your International Flight.