- Trip Code: ATH376
- Best Season: February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November & December.
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Everest Base Camp and Kalapattar
- Trip Route: Kathmandu-Lukla-Namche Bazar-Tengboche-Lobuche-Gorak Shep-Everest Base Camp-Kalapatthar-Namche-Lukla-Ktm
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and High Altitude Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
5555 m /18220.4 ft
- Group Size: Min. 2 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 5 hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Everest Region
- Budget friendly itinerary
- Own choices of meals
- Scenic flight to and from Lukla
- Experiencing the life of ‘mountain people’ in the heart of the Himalayas
- Visiting the beautiful Tengboche Monastery
- Remarkable views of Khumbu Ice fall
- Climbing Kalapatthar at elevation of 5,555m
- Everest Base Camp and walking on the Khumbu glacier
Being the trek in the highest mountains on earth, Everest Base Camp Trek gives you an opportunity to visit places only a handful of world’s population will ever visit. You will be able to view exclusive sceneries only Everest Base Camp trekkers will view. You will walk in the footsteps of Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay.
The trek begins at Lukla. It is a small airport town. The gateway to Everest. Then the trek takes you through the valley of Dudh Koshi to Namche Bazar. This popular Sherpa village is the main trading and tourist centre in the Khumbu region. This village looks like an amphitheater on mountains. Then after resting on this village, you trek to Lobuche, a mountain close to the Khumbu glacier, and then to Gorak Shep, a frozen lakebed covered with sand. And finally you reach the Everest Base Camp. And lo and behold, above you, the gigantic Mount Everest. Afterwards, the trek takes you to Kala Patthar from where you will have up close view of Mount Everest. Then it’s back to Lukla.
Everest Base Camp Trek gives you thrills and memories that last a lifetime. You will walk up and down in winding trails, pass through green farmland, Sherpa bazaars and villages, Buddhist monasteries and white rivers. You will catch panoramas of the Himalayas. The most beautiful mountain you will see is Amadablam. And in Sagarmatha National Park, you will see beautiful and rare plants and animals and birds. Like said before, you will have images and experiences in your head, in your photographs that will last a lifetime.
- Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuvan International airport (1345meters). Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 02: Fly to Tenzing and Hillary Airport in Lukla (2804 meters) from Kathmandu, trek to Phakding (2610 meters) 3 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 04: Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 05: Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 06: Trek to Dingboche (4350 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 07: Day trip to Chhukung valley (4710 meters) and trek back to Dingboche. 4 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 08: Trek to Lobuche (4910 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 09: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5365 meters) then back to Gorak Shep. 8 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 10: Hike up to Kalapatthar (5555 meters) early in the morning then trek down to Periche (4200 meters). 7 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 11: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 12: Trek to Lukla (2804 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 13: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 14: Transfer to the international airport for your final flight departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla
Twin Otter is the primary mode of transport to and from the airstrip at Lukla. This service is fairly dependable. Sometimes, flights (to and from Lukla) may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions or technical problems. In such case, Ace the Himalaya will charter a helicopter to ensure you are on schedule for your international flight. The helicopter can fly if the visibility is 1500m, while the twin otter can fly if the visibility is 5000m, as per Nepal’s Civil Aviation rules.
The cost of the helicopter is payable directly to our Kathmandu office in the event that this service is utilized. US cash, traveler's cheques, or credit cards (Visa Cards, Master Cards only) are accepted. You will be given a receipt upon payment so that you may claim the amount from your travel insurance. The minimum cost will be US$500 and maximum US$3500 depending on the number of group members.
It is recommended that you should arrive in Kathmandu a day earlier before you start your trek. When you arrive a day earlier, you will have time to rest as well as time to buy trekking equipment. Similarly, it is best to have some extra days after you have finished your trek because your flight to Kathmandu/Lukla might be cancelled due to bad weather. So all together it is recommended to have a few extra days beside the trip schedule so that you don’t miss your International Flight.