- Trip Code: ATH300
- Best Season: February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November & December.
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathamndu
- Destination: Muktinath (Famous pilgrimage site for both Hindu and Buddhist)
- Trip Route: Pokhara-Nayapul-Ghorepani- Poon Hill-Tatoapni-Kagbeni-Muktinath-Jomsom-Pokhara
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
3802 m /12470.56 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4-6 hr walking
- Trip Category: Annapurna Region
- Sightseeing around Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Explore the Kali Gandaki River valley.
- Visiting the Pilgrimage town of Muktinath.
- Walking along the deepest gorge on Earth.
- Natural Hot spring at Tatopani.
- Sunrise at Poon Hill with magnificent mountain views.
The Jomsom and Muktinath trek is a part of the Annapurna circuit and perhaps the single most popular trek in Nepal. The diverse landscapes and cultures found along this trekking route give the perfect insight into the rural life of Nepalese people. The main feature of this trek is walking through the gorge carved by the Kali Gandaki River, which, carries water from the Tibetan plateau to eventually join the Ganges in India.
The starting and ending point is Nayapul about one hour drive from Pokhara. Normally trekkers continue on above Jomsom to Muktinath, the famous pilgrimage site for both Hindu and Buddhist. To the Hindu, Muktinath is a sacred as the place of salvation. They believe that to wash in the water here guarantees salvation after death. To the Buddhist it is the place that the great sage Guru Rinpoche (Padmasambhava) meditated at, and to all, it is the source of fossilized ammonites, known locally as shaligrams that are found all along the upper reaches of the Kali Gandaki River valley. This trek is recommended year round as most of this trek is always in the rain shadow.
- Day 01- Arrive at Kathmandu airport. Overnight at your hotel.
- Day 02- Pre-trip Meeting and Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley. Overnight at your hotel.
- Day 03- Kathmandu to Pokhara 7 hours by tourist vehicle. Overnight at your hotel.
- Day 04- Drive to Nayapul (1010meters) and trek to Tikhedunga (1570meters) 3 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 05- Trek to Ghorepani (2840meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 06- Hike up to Poon Hill (3210meters) and trek to Tatopani (1190meters). Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 07- Trek to Ghasa (2010 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 08- Trek to Tukche (2586m.) 5.30 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 09- Trek to Kagbeni(2810m.) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 10- Trek to Muktinath (3802meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 11- Trek back to Jomsom (2713meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 12- Thirty minutes morning flight to Pokhara. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 13- Leisure day and sightseeing around Pokhara. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 14- Drive back to Kathmandu (1345meters). Overnight at hotel.
- Day 15- Transfer to international airport for your final departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Flight Delay in JOMSOM
Twin Otter is the primary mode of transport from the airstrip at Jomsom. This service is fairly dependable. Sometimes, flights may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions or other technical problems. In such case, Ace the Himalaya will organize the alternative available road transportation to ensure you are on schedule for your international flight.
The expense of the road transport will be managed from the reimbursement received from the flight ticket after the deduction of cancelation charge. So please note that there will be no refund of the flight from Jomsom to Pokhara, if the alternative road transportation is consolidated.