- Trip Code: ATH310
- Best Season: Janaury, February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November & December.
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Kyanjin Gompa and Kyanjin Ri
- Trip Route: Syabrubesi-Lama Hotel-Kyanjin Gompa-Syabrubesi
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
4,350 m /14268 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4-5 hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Langtang Region
- Kathmandu city tour
- Scenic road drive from and to Kathmandu.
- Visiting Langtang village & Kyangjin Gompa
- Panoramic view of mountain from top of the Kyangjin Ri
A trek to the Langtang valley has to be one of the most rewarding of the short treks available anywhere in Nepal. The east-west running valley is the site of some spectacular alpine scenery as well as being a great place to meet unique people. A minimum of one week is required but trekkers are well advised to add a few extra days for acclimatization and for side trips in the valley. Along our journey you will walk through the Langtang National Park. Although wildlife is never easy to spot in a forest setting, here you get the chance to see some interesting animals and birds. Among those found in the park are monkeys, musk deer, Pika and the national bird of Nepal, the colorful danphe.
The trek is best started either from Dhunche or from Syabrubesi.
- Day 01 - Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m).Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Drive to Syabru Besi (1,462m) on a public bus - 8 hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 04 - Trek to Lama Hotel (2,500m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 05 - Trek to the Langtang village (3,307m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 06 - Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3,798m ) - 4 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 07 - Kyanjin Gompa exploration day. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 08 - Trek back to Lama Hotel (2,500m) - 5.5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 09 - Trek to Syabru Bensi (1, 462m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 10 - Drive back to Kathmandu by Public Bus - 8 hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 11 - Leisure day and farewell dinner in Kathmandu. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 12 - Transfer to international airport for your final departure
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.