- Trip Code: ATH301
- Best Season: February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November & December
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Tilicho Lake and Thorung La Pass
- Trip Route: Besisahar-Manang-Tilicho Lake-Yak Kharka-Thorong La pass-Jomsom-Pokhara
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and High Altitude Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
5,416 m /17764.48 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 5 hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Annapurna Region
- Sightseeing around Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Ascending Marshyangdi River valley
- Visiting oldest Buddhist monastery in Braga village
- Sightseeing around Manag village
- Khanshar Village (The Lost Village of Nepal)
- Trekking up to Tilicho Lake (the highest lake in the world)
- Crossing the Thorung-la over 5,416m
- The Pilgrimage town of Muktinath
- Scenic flights from Jomsom
Tilicho Lake 5,200m collects the glacial melt of the entire northern slopes of Annapurna and the Thorong Peak it is claimed to be the highest lake in the world. In 2001, Hindu pilgrims from around the world flocked to the lake convinced it is a holy spot mentioned in the Ramayan – a holy book of the Hindus.
This trek starts right from Besisahar which goes along the Marshyangdi River, with great views of Manaslu and Himal Chuli to the east. This magnificent trek leads you to the fine village inhabited by a wide diversity of people from different ethnic groups, offering spectacular and majestic views of the white Himalayas. We have customized this route as it is basically the same as Annapurna Circuit, from Manang instead of taking the valley north to Tanki Manang and Yak Kharka this route goes to the main valley to the west passes through the Khanshar Village (The Last Village of Nepal) and trek up to Tilicho lake, then we travel to Yak Kharka then up to pass of Thorung La at elevation of 5,416m. From the pass of the Thorung La the treks lead down to Muktinath then to Jomsom from where 35-minute scenic flight take you to the Pokhara.
From Tilicho Lake you also have the option of crossing the challenging pass of Moesokanta La Pass” to Jomsom instead of traveling to the Thorung La pass but proper additional equipment including tented camps are required to go through this pass.
- Day 01 - Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Drive to Besisahar (830m) by Public Bus - 7 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 04 - Trek to Bahundanda (1,310m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 05 - Trek to Chamje (1,400m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 06 - Trek to Bagarchhap (2,160m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 07 - Trek to Chame (2,630m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 08 - Trek to Pisang (3,300m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 09 - Trek to Manang (3,540m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 10 - Acclimatization day at Manang village. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 11 - Trek to Khangsar Village (3,700 m) - 4 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 12 - Trekking to Tilicho Base Camp (4,200m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 13 - Trek to Tilicho Lake (5,200 m) and back down to Tilicho Base Camp (4,200m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 14 - Trek to Yak Kharka (4,000m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 15 - Trek to Thorung Phedi (4,450m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 16 - Trek to Muktinath (3,800m) via Thorung La pass (5,416m) - 8 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 17 - Trek to Jomsom (2,720m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 18 - Morning flight to Pokhara - 30 mins. Sightseeing around Pokhara. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 19 - Leisure day and sightseeing around Pokhara. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 20 - Drive back to Kathmandu (1,345m) and farewell dinner. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 21 - Transfer to international airport for your final departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Flight Delay in JOMSOM
Twin Otter is the primary mode of transport from the airstrip at Jomsom. This service is fairly dependable. Sometimes, flights may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions or other technical problems. In such case, Ace the Himalaya will organize the alternative available road transportation to ensure you are on schedule for your international flight.
The expense of the road transport will be managed from the reimbursement received from the flight ticket after the deduction of cancelation charge. So please note that there will be no refund of the flight from Jomsom to Pokhara, if the alternative road transportation is consolidated.