- Trip Code: ATH315
- Best Season: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Trip Route: KTM-Jomsom-Geling-Lo Manthang-Kagbeni-Jomsom-KTM
- Trip Style: Camping/Tented Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and High Altitude Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
4,135 m /13562.8 ft
- Group Size: Min. 2 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4-5 hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Remote Area Trek
- Kathmandu and Pokhara city tour
- Scenic flight to and from Jomsom
- Exploring the Kali Gandaki River valley
- Forbidden kingdom of Mustang
- Picturesque views of the Himalayas
- Visiting the captial of Mustang "The Lo Manthang"
Trekking into Upper Mustang is a rare and privileged opportunity, you can experience the true life of the real mountain people of Nepal. In many ways, trekking into the Upper Mustang Area is similar to trekking in to Tibet, which geographically it is a part of.
Mustang, a land where the soul of man is still considered to be as real as the feet he walks on, while the land itself is almost treeless, barren landscape with a countryside similar to Tibetan plateau, but where beauty and happiness flourishes, in spite of hardship. This was part of the Tibetan Kingdom of Gungthang until 1830's. The fabled medieval wall city of Lo Monthang, unofficial capital of Mustang still remains a kingdom within a kingdom its full of culture and religious heritage. The early history to Lo Monthang is embellished in myth and legend rather than the recorded fact. Mustang has maintained its status as a separate principality until 1951. The king of Lo Monthang still retains his title and he has been given the honorary rank of Colonel in the Nepalese Army.
- Day 01 - Arrival at the international airport in Kathmandu (1,345m). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing in and around Kathmandu. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Drive to Pokhara from Kathmandu. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 04 - Flight to Jomsom from Pokhara. Trek to Kagbeni. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 05 - Trek to Chaile. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 06 - Trek to Geling. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 07 - Trek to Charang (3,620m). Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 08 - Trek to Lo Manthang . Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 09 - Visit Namgyal Gompa and Tingkhar. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 10 - Trek to Dhi (3,410m). Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 11 - Trek to Tange (3,370m). Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 12 - Trek to Tetang / Chusang (3,022m). Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 13 - Trek to Jomsom. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 14 - A 30-minute flight back to Pokhara. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 15 - Leisure day and sightseeing in and around Pokhara. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 16 - Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu. Farewell dinner in the evening. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 17 - Transfer to the international airport in Kathmandu for your final departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Flight Delay in JOMSOM
Twin Otter is the primary mode of transport from the airstrip at Jomsom. This service is fairly dependable. Sometimes, flights may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions or other technical problems. In such case, Ace the Himalaya will organize the alternative available road transportation to ensure you are on schedule for your international flight.
The expense of the road transport will be managed from the reimbursement received from the flight ticket after the deduction of cancelation charge. So please note that there will be no refund of the flight from Jomsom to Pokhara, if the alternative road transportation is consolidated.