Experience adventure with the views of natural lifestyle of local people/cultures, all while traveling in a comfortable vehicle
- Experience local people/cultures/activities, all while traveling on a comfortable vehicle
- Jeep drive on the bumpy terrains
- Chance to enjoy the typical Nepali meal
- Visit Gorkha Bazaar, the Gorkha old durbar and museum
- Visit to the local school supported by ACE
- Interaction with local people and students in the village
- Few hours of teaching in the school
Arupokhari and Ratmate seen from an adjoining village Beautiful Morning Early Morning View Local people of Arupokhari village in school annual program Luggage Muddy Road to the village Rugged Road View from the Village View from the top Your accommodation will be one of the these houses in village en Route to Gorkha getting there
Arupokhari and Ratmate seen from an adjoining village
Early Morning View
Local people of Arupokhari village in school annual program
Road to the village
View from the Village
View from the top
Your accommodation will be one of the these houses in village
en Route to Gorkha
4x4 Adventure with Home Stay in Gorkha - 3 days
4X4 adventure trip is a wonderful package designed by Ace the Himalaya for the clients who love to have adventurous experiences with the views of natural beauty and local people/cultures/activities, all while traveling on a comfortable vehicle, i.e. a jeep.
4x4 adventure tour with home stay can be one of the most exciting and the best tour in trip extension. The tour takes you to some of the bumpy terrains of Nepal. A drive starts from Kathmandu to Gorkha district will give you chance to enjoy and visit famous places of Gorkha. You can also choose to self drive if interested however we do provide the drivers too. Japanese Toyota, Mitsubishi etc. are used as the mode of transportation.
The main objective of designing this special trip is to contribute to the remote areas of Gorkha district. You can experience adventure with the views of natural beauty lifestyle of local people/cultures/activities, all while traveling in a comfortable vehicle, i.e. a jeep. Being involve in home stay will give you wide ideas on how the local lifestyle of remote Nepal is. You can enjoy the taste of typical Nepalese cuisine prepared in the home which includes Daal (lentil soup), Bhat (white rice), Tarkari (vegetable) and achaar(pickle) especially. You can interact closely with the local people as they go about the daily tasks of farming, water management and cooking.
Also visiting the local schools supported by Ace the Himalaya can be one of the amazing experiences to carry back home. Here you can interact with local students and teach some basics on importance of education for few hours in school.
During your stay in the village the money you have paid for the trip will go to the host family for providing food and accommodation, which directly helps them grow economically. Mr. Prem K Khatry the founder of Ace the Himalaya himself belong to this region and he actually knows about this place very deeply so he is trying to focus to promote and give chance to his own home town. If you think 3 days is very less we can always customize the itinerary as per your need.
Day 01- 4x4 Drive from Kathmandu to Arughat.7 to 8 hours Drive.
After the hearty breakfast in Kathmandu we start our drive from Kathmandu to Arughat which will take 7 to 8 hours. The drive would definitely be an amazing experience as you can enjoy the bumpy road, serene beauty of the mountains and the lifestyle of local people almost all the way. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 02- Drive from Arughat to Arupokhari, 2 hours. Explore the village and local schools, teach in the schools.
Today we drive from Arughat to reach Arupokhari. Arupokhari is a cluster of 9 villages (Village Development Committees) and lies about 6 hours from the Gorkha Bazaar. The nearest market from Arupokhari is Arughat, along the banks of the Budi Gandaki River.
This is the area where you can find the many contribution and support of ACE the Himalaya. You can visit the schools interact with students and teach some basic for few hours. You would be having great time here to enjoy the typical Nepalese lifestyle with Nepali cuisines. You can interact with people and discuss about the advantages of technologies and many more. Also in the evening you can enjoy the short hike and glimpses of the local village and its beauty.Overnight at local home.
Day 03- Drive from Arupokhari to Gorkha Bazaar, visit the Gorkha old durbar, museum and same day drive to Kathmandu.
Today is the last day of your tour. After enjoying the typical home made breakfast we drive towards Gorkha Bazaar. Here you can buy some antique souvenirs to carry back home. Then we visit to old Gorkha Durbar and museum. Here you can know and learn about the ancient stories of brave Gorkhalis. After finishing the visit we drive towards Kathmandu. On the way don’t forget to enjoy the magnificent views of the village.Overnight at hotel
In Kathmandu we accommodate you in the best three star hotel rooms on standard twin sharing basis. In village you will be staying in best possible local guest house. You will also stay with local family in a shared room. Rooms in local houses are clean, warm and dry, with simple beds.
In Kathmandu you have the varieties of options for food so there is no problem in selecting your own choices. On the way to highway we would enjoy the food in the small hotels or restaurants. During the home stay you will get the opportunity to have your life style settle as local people of the remote areas, you would be getting very lucky to taste delicious and fresh homemade typical Nepali local food. Daal, bhat, tarkari, achar (rice, curry, and pickle) is the daily food you would be eating .You might also get lucky to taste Gundrook- Dheedo equally popular among Nepali food which is a sugar-free dish made of wheat, maize and dried green vegetable.
If you have any special dietary needs, please let us know and we’ll do the best in our ability to have this arranged.
Price as per group size
For 1 Person: USD 420 Per Person
For Group of 2 to 4 Person: USD 280 Per Person
For Group of 5 to 8 Person: USD 190 Per Person
- 4wd with fuels and drivers. (The clients can chose to drive by their own if they wish)
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in a three star hotel in Kathmandu; Breakfast included (for one night)
- Accommodation in Local homes and Nepali local food for your stay in village (Breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
- Accommodation in Local guesthouse in Arughat with meals included.
- Local Ace the Himalaya licensed English speaking guide.
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Free Ace the Himalaya duffel/kit bag, sun hat and T-shirt (yours to keep).
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance, which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- Alcoholic and cold drinks.
- Personal Equipment
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on 'Price Includes' section.
- Since you would be staying in local village with local people the facilities would be very simple so cooperation is the must.
- The trip can be extended and the itinerary can also be customized.
- During the trip, factors such as local politics, transport, weather, etc. may also affect the itinerary.