The park offers protection to 56 species of mammals including the one horned rhinoceros, bengal tiger, leopard, sloth bear, wild elephant, striped hyena, Gang tic dolphin and wild bison.
- Elephant Rides
- Canoe Ride
- Bird Watching
- Cultural programs
- Jungle walks
- Village tours
Chitwan Jungle Safari (2 Nights and 3 Days)
Chitwan National Park is regarded as Nepal’s biggest third attraction. It is the first national park in Nepal. Formerly named as Royal Chitwan National park was established in 1973 and grabbed the status of World Heritage Site in 1984.Its forest and grasslands extended over more than 2600 km sq and was home to about 800 rhinos. It is the home of the more than 700 species of wildlife and a not yet fully surveyed number of butterfly, moth and insect species. At least 43 species of mammals and also kept the record of getting almost 543 species of bird. The variation of different species of birds and animals is the most interesting and exciting part for visiting Chitwan National Park.
The area is located in the central climatic zone of the Himalayas, where monsoon starts in mid June and eases off in late September. During these 14–15 weeks most of the 2,500 mm yearly precipitation falls – it is pouring with rain. On the edge of the national park Sauraha is a well-known spot for tourists. Accessible from the nearby Bharatput Airport, Sauraha offers a choice of hotels, lodges, restaurants and agencies that organize day trips into the protected area.
Trip Price: USD 480 per person (Group Discount Available for minimum booking of 2 person)
Day 01- Arrival to National Park via tourist vehicle, 6 hours.
We will drive to Chitwan National park on a private tourist vehicle from kathmandu. During your drive in the highway you will come across picturesque Hills and Rivers. The drive takes around six hours from kathmandu. On reaching resort, you would be briefed by our Guest Relations Officer. After the lunch you would be going for Village tour. Meanwhile the dinner would be ready by the time you return to the resort. Overnight at Resort. (All meals included)
Day 02- Activities inside the Chitwan National Park.
After the Breakfast we will move ahead for morning tour which will provide you one of the best times to see the wildlife at its best with Elephant Safari/Jungle Walk.
Then after the Lunch we would go for a canoe ride. We will take local boats to watch crocodiles along the banks and also visit the Elephant Breeding Centre. Late afternoon you would be entertained with the Cultural Tharu Program. Overnight at Resort. (All meals included)
Day 03- Early morning activities and same day Departure to Kathmandu by tourist vehicle, 6 hours.
Today is the last day of the trip so after morning tea we would be going for bird watching as Chitwan is very famous also for the different species of the birds, which is the attracting fact for the visitor. After that we would be back to resort, have breakfast and get ready for heading towards Kathmandu in a tourist vehicle. Our representative will assist you for it. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu. (Breakfast included)
- Accommodation in the resort in twin sharing/double basis
- Hotel / pick up & drop by tourist vehicle
- Transfer from Kathmandu – Chitwan – Kathmandu by tourist vehicle with driver
- Guided tours and activities inside the Chitwan National Park
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with hot drinks
- A government licensed English speaking safari guide during the trip
- All local permits and entrance fees
- All government taxes / tourist services charges / vat / official expenses
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- International airfare to and from Nepal
- You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu (A tourist visa with multiple entries for 15 days can be obtained by paying US $ 25 or equivalent foreign currency. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos.)
- Tips for guide and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on 'Price Includes' section
- During the trip, factors such as local politics, transport, weather, etc. may also affect the itinerary.
- The climatic condition might postpone the whole schedule of the day you have planned for.