These full and frank reviews are from the travellers who have travelled with Ace the Himalaya previously. They are not edited by us; find the real story, from real travellers below.
Fantastic organisation & flexibility, highly recommended01 September 2012
We did a 3 week tailored trek via Gokyo, a couple of high passes and ending with Island Peak. We found Ace very professional from the outset, from our initial enquiries via email, through to mapping out the route and our meeting in Kathmandu. Our guide Toya Regmi was fantastic throughout our trip. He allowed us our independence, but was there when we needed him. He took into account our feedback and altered plans as needed. Pemba Sherpa was our climbing guide for Island Peak. His support was fantastic and helped all 3 of us reach the top. We couldn't have done it without him. Overall we had a fantastic experience and would use Ace again, particularly if another trekking peak is involved. We highly recommend Ace for independent travellers looking for a personalised trekking experience in Nepal.
Maria Isabella Abbonizio
Hong Kong, China
Second visit to Nepal, would definitely use Ace The Himalaya again21 May 2012
Very professional, well organized trip lead by Toya.... spent three weeks in the mountains that involved 2 high passes and Island Peak. We had a lot of influence over the schedule which Ace accommodated perfectly. Second visit to Nepal, would definitely use Ace The Himalaya again....
Great Everest trek with Ace17 February 2012
Some feedback on the recent Everest Base Camp trek we did with Ace in November.
I was more than happy with the guiding and support provided by Ace./
Suman our guide was great, very attentive to our needs and comforts during the trip, nothing was too much trouble for him and he was always smiling and cheerful.
I would certainly be happy to trek with him again in the future or recommend him to others, the assistant guide and porters also did a very good job.
The only problem I had was with the uncertainty of flights out of Lukla, however, I realise this wholly dependant on the weather and is out of the control of Ace.
Ace did all they could behind the scenes to make sure we got out in time and for that I am very grateful.
Once again I was very pleased with the trek and would be very happy to recommend Ace to anyone thinking of trekking in Nepal.
Trip of a Lifetime Gokyo - EBC - Island Peak14 February 2012
recently completed a trek with 4 mates. We Flew into Lukla and trekked from there to Gokyo ( clmbing Gokyo Ri), across Cho La Pass and up the valley to Everest Base Camp (and Kala Pattar) then on to Island peak where we were taught enough climbing skills to get us to the summit and back down.
The organisation of the trek was very good, the assistance we received from our guide, Suman, assistant guide Rewati and our porters was exceptional. Suman in particular was meticulous in preparing us for the altitudes we had to face. Our acclimatisation was very carefully managed. Our climbing guides at Island Peak were also very careful with our preparation for the climb, and their attention on summit day was excellent.
A special mention to Suman for his efforts in getting us out of Lukla the end of our trek. We arrived during 7 day period of fogged in and closed airport. Suman did everything possible to ensure that we arrived back in Kathmandu for our international flights.
Next time I travel to Nepal I will be arranging my trek through Ace the H. and requesting Suman as my guide.
Extremely professional05 February 2012
I came across Ace the Himalaya by chance searching the internet. And what a lucky chance that was. I can't think of a company who would take me through my journey across the Everest region better and safer. Not only I booked just one week in advance, but I was solo and physically completely unprepared for the challenges that laid ahead. In fact, I had no trekking experience whatsoever and that was supposed to be my first one. So I simply ignored the "difficulty grade" and thought that EBC+Gokyo Ri/Lakes+High Passes+climbing Island Peak would be more fun than doing something easier, and that I'll deal with the "difficulties" later. I had no clue. And that's probably what Prem, the Managing Director, thought when he saw me, cause he kindly offered to do amendments to my itinerary, should i decide to quit half way through, so I don't lose the payment. Needless to say, not only i didn't quit any way through, but successfully completed the whole itinerary crossing all the passes and reaching the summit of Island Peak (i'm not mentioning EBC because it was kiddy stuff comparing to the rest;)). And all that thanks to the Ace the Himalaya team!
I can't thank enough to:
- Baikuntha (a.k.a. BK or Bai), who managed to take me through the trek without a single glitch; who kept my spirits high with his good humor and encouragement; who calmed me down when i was freaking out (about AMS mainly:)); who helped me pack when i was late (which was every day:)); carried my backpack when i was too tired; taught me so much about Nepal when i was bored; and who became a dear friend by the end of the trek, and i wouldn't go to another one in Himalayas if it's not BK leading the way:)
- Raj, who, i can only imagine, has super human powers, cause i can't explain in any other way how on the treks where i could barely carry myself, he managed to carry all my stuff, get to the lodge ahead of us, and then come back to see if any more help was needed! And all that with a great spirit and cheerful laugh. At one point, when crossing Cho La Pass, he actually pulled me up the hill cause i couldn't take any step further:)
- Pemba, without whom i would never be standing on top of Island Peak (6189 m) with no prior climbing experience nor physical training; whose approach to the climb was so professional that I think he actually counted my breathing to set the pace that i could follow and the amount of breaks i need to take (so i don't pass out half way up on the mountain lol:)). He also made sure the climb was very safe, the equipment in top condition, and that i receive an adequate amount of training to know how to use it.
- Kishor (a.k.a. Kris), who sorted out all pre-trip necessities in Kathmandu and helped with helicopter transfer when all the flights to Lukla were cancelled.
- and of course to Prem, who gathered such a great team and without whom this company wouldn't exist. His management and problem solving skills are outstanding and he always follows up with the team to make sure each of the clients are safe and happy and everything goes well on the trek.
I would definitely recommend this company if you're traveling to the Himalayan region. You know you'll be in good hands!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
<< Start Previous 1 Next Last >> Page 1 of 1